You should definitely try out this easy recipe, as it does give an amazing result.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Reserve 2/3 cup of the cake mix and set aside. In a large bowl combine the remaining cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg. Mix until crumbly then press mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Combine the reserved 2/3 cup cake mix, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and 3 eggs. Beat at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour filling over the baked crust and sprinkle with pecans.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Cool and cut into 36 bars.
You need to login in order to vote