“I love to wear all different styles so my collection showcases all sides of me.“
Theme is a limited edition collection of pieces designed and created by 10 year-old tween fashion designer Ariella Maizner. It’s a line of clothes for girls who follow their dreams and includes everything from dresses, skirts, shirts and blazers.
Ariella even does custom orders!
We were lucky enough to chat with Ariella about how she got in the fashion industry and how to plans to grow in the future.
Check out her interview below!
1. Which famous person would you like to be best friends with?
Alyssa Wasako the designer and founder of Donni
2. What fashion trend do you think should come back? Which one should stay gone forever?
Neon Skinny belts you hang off your hips.
Tee shirts that say mean things.
3. What would you like to be best in the world at doing?
4. Would you rather have a lot of good friends or one best friend?
A lot of friends.
5. If you were to make an “Ariella” Playlist what song would be on it?
This is me.
6. What was the first piece of clothing you ever designed?
The Robyn Maxi a long fitted color stripped maxi dress with a purple belt. I still love it! And I was 6 when I designed and sewed it.
7. How did you first get into fashion?
Sewing classes. But I always liked clothes. And still do!!
8. What is your favourite piece that you’ve designed?
It’s hard. I really love them all. But my faves are the Nan Shirt and the Noa Hoodie.
9. Why did you choose the name “Theme”?
I always wanted to make dresses for special events that were the right “Theme” for the party. It also stands for The Me. I love wear all different styles so my collection showcases all sides of me.
10. Who are your fashion inspirations?
I really just design what I like and what I would want to wear. But I am lucky to have a lot of big style stars, followers and designers helping me and giving me inspiration and advice as I build my collection. They have been so kind and that’s the real inspiration.
11. Take us through the process of designing something?
First I sketch out what I want to design. Then, I pick out the fabrics that I think would look prettiest. Then I cut, measure and pin the piece. I’m my own fit model. Then I sew it on the sewing machine. Finally I add any finishing touches like zippers or buttons or lining. It’s really fun! But takes hard work.
12. How would you like to see Theme grow in the future?
I just want to keep having fun and designing cool pieces that all my friends and followers can wear and feel inspired and happy when they do!
13. What do you like most about the Girl2Girl Wall?
It’s a special place to connect with other cool girls and share ideas and advice.
14. Where can we follow you?