Here’s how to throw a slumber party inspired by “Upside-Down Magic”
Have you read the “Upside-Down Magic” book series yet?! Nory, Elliott, Andres, and Bax are just four of the students in Dunwiddle Magic School’s Upside-Down Magic class. In their classroom, lessons are unconventional, students are unpredictable, and magic has a tendency to turn wonky at the worst possible moments. Because it’s always amazing, the trouble a little wonky magic can cause . . .
In the latest book ,“Upside-Down Magic: Dragon Overnight,” Nory and her friends have to survive their first-ever overnight field trip. Here are some tips to throw the best Upside-Down Magic sleepover for you and your friends!
Decorating for your slumber party doesn’t have to be difficult. All you need to do is hang up some sheets, rainbow colored lights and paper stars.
Unicorn Hot Chocolate
Add some mini marshmallows, some rainbow colored sprinkles and hint of food coloring and you can give your hot chocolate a unicorn twist.
Make Your Own…
This is a really easy way to please everyone at your slumber party. Add as many toppings as you like and give everyone the chance to personalize their dessert.
Create a Mixed-Up Animal Creature
We all the know the classic slumber party game M.A.S.H. Use this “Upside-Down Magic” Version, to create your own mixed-up creature.
Want to know how to play?
- Pick a number between 1 and 10.
- Count though each of the columns until you reach the magic number.
- When you land on an option cross it out
- Continue around the page (skipping the crossed out ones.)
- Circle the final option in each categories.
- Take the first 2 letters of column 1 and combine it with the last 3 letters of column 2!
- You’ll then have your mash-up name!
Spin (the Nail Polish) Bottle
There’s a few ways you can play this game at your next slumber party.
- Everyone can spin the wheel and paint their nails whichever color it spinner lands on.
- Or take turns spinning the wheel and paint one nail the color the spinner lands on. Take turns until everyone’s nails are finished. By the end, everyone will have rainbow colored nails.
Pick up some pillowcases and fabric markers and decorate them to your liking. To give it a magical twist print out stencils of dragons and unicorns.
When you’re done decorating your pillowcases, try decorating cardboard letters. You can write out words like MAGIC, BESTIES or your name!