So for a very long time, my mother and I have tried several times to master our chocolate chip cookie recipe. We started from following a cookbook recipe and we have gradually made it our own recipe. Now it is totally different! These chocolate chip cookies are the perfect mix of chocolate-y goodness anyone could ever ask for! Here is the recipe you have all been waiting for below:
Check our favorite recipe here!
- 2 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup (1 stick) of softened butter
- 1 cup of "Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening" (Shortening is short of like butter and it has a similar texture. Try and get about 1 cup of it. Since 1 cup is also equal to 1 stick of butter, try molding the shortening in the shape of a stick of butter to help with measurements!)
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of chocolate chips (Really you can include as many chocolate chips as you want, but this is the minimum.)(I recommend not chocolate morsels which are similar to chocolate chips but are a bit bigger. Any brand is ok though!)
- Preheat your oven to 375 ° F.
- In a small bowl, mix together your flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside for later. (DO NOT USE ELECTRIC MIXER)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, shortening, sugar, and brown sugar. (IF YOU USE AN ELECTRIC MIXER, MIX AT MEDIUM SPEED UNTIL CREAMY. DO NOT OVERMIX.)
- Add vanilla extract into the large creamy mixture. Add egg(s) and shortening one at a time. (If you use an electric mixer, mix on low speed until incorporated.)
- Get the flour mixture small bowl you set aside earlier and gradually pour its contents into the larger bowl. Mix until creamy. (MIX ON MEDIUM SPEED IF YOU USE AN ELECTRIC MIXER.)
- Stir in the chocolate chips. (And the optional items if wanted)
- On a greased pan, drop by dough by tablespoon OR Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. (You can use any method for putting the dough on the pan!)
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Let them set for about 5-10 minutes on a drying rack or a plate. Enjoy!
- For an extra pop of flavor, you can add 1/4 tsp of allspice
- Also, if you are a fan of having some crunch in your cookies, you can add 1 cup of chopped walnuts, pecans, raisins, etc.
- Lastly, not everyone may have access to shortening. Another way you can do this recipe is to add 2 sticks of butter and no shortening, but the cookies won't turn out as delicious!
- WARNING! DO NOT USE A WHISK FOR MIXING ANY OF THESE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER! INSTEAD, USE A LARGE SPOON. (OR AN ELECTRIC MIXER IF THERE IS THE OPTION.)
Please enjoy these lovely chocolate chip cookies and share them with family and friends! They are too good to be kept alone for only you to eat!
If you have any questions, please comment and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible!