Here are some amazing reality heroic dogs we must never forget.
1. After his disabled owner was struck by a car, ‘Endal’ the service dog pulled his unconscious owner into the recovery position, retrieved his mobile phone from beneath the car, fetched a blanket and covered him, and then ran to a nearby hotel to obtain help.
2. In 2008, a dog tried to save his owners lives after 5 armed pirates hijacked their yacht off the coast of Venezuela. After the men climbed aboard, the dog furiously attacked them, biting and snapping until he was stabbed then was shot. The dog survived and the pirates left almost empty-handed.
3. A three-year-old Russian girl named Karina Chikitova survived for 11 days in the Siberian taiga forest by drinking from a creek and eating berries while being protected by her dog which went to get help after nine days and returned with rescuers.
4. During 8 years living in a UK animal shelter, a dog named Jasmine was a “surrogate mother’ to over 50 rescued animals; including puppies, foxes,4 badger cubs, 15 chicks, 8 guinea pigs,15 rabbits, a deer and a goose. She nursed each with affection, taking care of them as soon as they arrived.
5. In 2012, a Pitt Bull named Lilly pulled her unconscious owner from a path of an incoming freight train. The driver said he saw the frantically pulling at the woman, not giving up even though the train didn’t stop in time. The dog saved the woman and survived impact injuries herself.
6. Salty and Roselle, two separate guide dogs who were in the World Trade Center during 9/11. They were on the 71st and 78th floor of Tower 1 respectively. They each led their owners safely out of the burning tower amidst the chaos, and owners and dogs survived.
Dogs are truly amazing animals! Wow!