Here’s a very easy and simple way to make a Microwave Chocolate Cake.
Microwave Chocolate Cake
Make your favorite chocolate cake recipe in a microwave! Really!
Write a review
- 100 ml sunflower oil, plus extra for pan
- 175 g caster sugar
- 140 g plain flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Chocolate sprinkles, to serve
For the chocolate ganache
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 5 tbsp double cream.
- Grease a silicone microwaveable cake pan with a little oil and place a circle of baking parchment in the bottom.
- Mix sugar, flour, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl. In a bowl, whisk the oil, eggs, vanilla and 100ml hot water until combined.
- Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until you have a lump-free batter. Pour mixture into the cake pan and gently tap to pop any air bubbles. Cover with cling film.
- Microwave on Full power (800 watts) for 7 mins. Remove and check if the cake is cooked by poking a skewer into the middle: if it comes out clean it is ready. Allow cake to stand for 5 mins, then remove cling film and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- For the ganache, melt the chocolate on Half power (600 watts) for approximately 2 mins, stirring every 30 secs until melted. Add the cream and mix thoroughly until smooth and glossy.
- Once the cake is cool, spread over the ganache and scatter with the sprinkles. The cake will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- This was written by an International Girl who measures with g (grams) and ml (milliliters) instead of cups and ounces, so you may have to convert the amounts to the US equivalents.
Miss O and Friends https://missoandfriends.com/
Do share in comments how amazing it tasted, for you because I simply love it!