Here’s a very easy and simple way to make a Microwave Chocolate Cake.
- 100 ml sunflower oil, plus extra for pan
- 175 g caster sugar
- 140 g plain flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Chocolate sprinkles, to serve
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 5 tbsp double cream.
- Grease a silicone microwaveable cake pan with a little oil and place a circle of baking parchment in the bottom.
- Mix sugar, flour, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl. In a bowl, whisk the oil, eggs, vanilla and 100ml hot water until combined.
- Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until you have a lump-free batter. Pour mixture into the cake pan and gently tap to pop any air bubbles. Cover with cling film.
- Microwave on Full power (800 watts) for 7 mins. Remove and check if the cake is cooked by poking a skewer into the middle: if it comes out clean it is ready. Allow cake to stand for 5 mins, then remove cling film and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- For the ganache, melt the chocolate on Half power (600 watts) for approximately 2 mins, stirring every 30 secs until melted. Add the cream and mix thoroughly until smooth and glossy.
- Once the cake is cool, spread over the ganache and scatter with the sprinkles. The cake will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- This was written by an International Girl who measures with g (grams) and ml (milliliters) instead of cups and ounces, so you may have to convert the amounts to the US equivalents.
Do share in comments how amazing it tasted, for you because I simply love it!