Let them eat cake…or use them as bath bombs!
Christianna is the 12-year-old founder of “Sweet Christi’s”, a company that makes some of the most delicious donuts, chocolate bars and desserts you can imagine – with a catch.
They’re actually SOAP!
- Why did you decide to stat creating beauty products? And why make them in the shape of sweets?
I started created beauty products when I was younger with my mom. She teaches about essential oils and I loved making bath salts and bath bombs with her in her classes or for her clients. I originally wanted to be a baker. Unfortunately, my parents saw the amount of sugar I was eating so that didn’t work out. That’s when I had the thought of making soaps and other bath products that look like sweet treats. I still bake on occasion for fun but I don’t have to worry about eating to much sugar with my soaps.
- When you’re not running Sweet Christi’s what do you like to do for fun?
I like to hang out with my friends & family or swim. Swimming is my FAVORITE sport of all time. I call myself an aquaholic because I can’t get enough. This is one of the reasons I decided to give back to a local organization that teaches young kids how to swim. It is a lifesaving skill, especially living in Florida.
- We saw that in a lot of your Instagram posts, your Facebook and even the main page of your website that you wear glasses. We heard a rumor that you actually have perfect vision. Can you tell us a bit about why you still wear them?
Lol, I’ve always loved the look of glasses because they are so fashionable. I even faked not being able to see so that I could get a pair (didn’t work out) before I found out you could buy them without a prescription. They make me feel like I can do anything when I have them on. When I first started the business they gave me courage and I sold out of my soaps so after that they were a staple in my wardrobe.
- We see a lot of people making beauty products, but you also connect Sweet Christi’s to science with your “STEM sweet” classes. Can you tell us a bit more about your classes and why you started them?
I struggle in school because of my learning disability but Science has always been fun and easier for me to grasp. I love everything about it, especially the experiments. I wanted other girls to see how science could be fun and so I teach basic science concepts using bath products and other fun items like slime. One thing I learned from my school Grasp Academy is that you should always find ways that work for you and have fun while learning.
- What part of Sweet Christi’s are you most proud of?
Making people happy! Sometimes it’s with my unique soaps and other times it’s just sharing my story and helping other kids dream bigger.
- What is your biggest goal for Sweet Christi’s?
My biggest goal for sweet Christi’s is to have a studio! I want to have a large space to continue to make everything homemade with a smaller space in the front so I can hold #STEMSweet workshops more often.