Ever wondered who voice your favorite cartoon characters? Well, we have nailed one here. Here is Kristen Li. The 2016 voice of Bubbles of the PowerPuff Girls!
- Tell us about yourself. What do you like, dislike etc?
Kristen: I’m a 14-year-old entertainer. I love sports! I’m a really athletic girl. I do pilates, Tae Kwon Do, all kinds of skating, football, etc. My favorite color is blue. My celebrity crushes are Zac Efron and Anwar Hadid!
- How does it feel like being a character’s voice in one of the biggest cartoon series of all time?
Kristen: Amazing! In the beginning, I was a little nervous and stressed out because I had really big shoes to fill. Now I am not as nervous because the cast and crew are very welcoming and we are one big family!
- Are you like Bubbles in any way?
Kristen: Yes, I am! Bubbles and I are very much alike. When I auditioned for The Powerpuff Girls, I was asked to read for one character only. I chose Bubbles because she has always been my favorite and I relate to her the most! We both love talking, helping people, and animals!
- What other voice over work have done? Which role has been your favorite?
Kristen: I have done previous voiceover work including commercials, video games, and movies. I would have to say voicing Bubbles is my favorite. I love how dynamic she is and how we can relate.
- How does someone become a voice over artist?
Kristen: Well first off, you have to want it. Then play around with voices, create new characters and improve them. Get an agency and keep improving your skill!
- Do you act as well? How different is voiceover work from being an actor?
Kristen: Yes, I do theatrical roles too. They are different because in voice over you can voice various roles. On camera, you are limited you one role per project (unless you are playing a twin). However, I don’t prefer one over the other because they are from different parts of the industry.
- You are only 14 and already making a name for yourself. What do you want to achieve in the next 5 years?
Kristen: I want to continue school while staying in the entertainment industry. I want to book more voiceover roles, TV series, and movie roles!
- How and when did you first start acting?
Kristen: My parents got me into the business. I was 3 years old when I started in the industry.
- How do your parents support you in this field?
Kristen: My parents are very supportive. They are the ones that gave me this opportunity to go into the entertainment business because I am very outgoing. They always support what I do, and I’m very thankful for them.
- Who is the most influential person in your life?
Kristen: My parents are the most influential people in my life. They help me improve and teach me new things every day. They also remind me to stay humble and down to earth.
- Do you have a message for MissO Girls?
Kristen: If you have a goal in life, make sure you stay down to earth, positive and confident. No matter what you want in life, everything takes practice to succeed.