The Best Homemade Ginger Tea
- 1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- • 2 cups filtered water
- • 1 Tbsp. raw honey or pure maple syrup
- • ½ lemon, juiced
- Optional additions
- • 1 cinnamon stick
- • Camomile flowers
- • Echinacea tincture
- • Fresh mint leaves
- • Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1. Peel the ginger root with a peeler or with the back of a spoon.
- 2. Grate the ginger with a grater/zester. If you slice it, slice it thin and use more.
- 3. Infuse the ginger; if you add cinnamon, mint, camomile or cayenne, add it here.
- 4. If you are using a saucepan, bring the water to a boil, add ginger and turn off heat. Put the lid on it and let it steep for 10 minutes.
- 5. If you are using a teapot, add ginger in the teapot and pour boiling water in it. Let it steep for about 10 minutes.
- 6. If you are using a saucepan, strain the water to remove the ginger.
- 7. Add fresh lemon juice and natural sweetener if you like. Stir and enjoy!
- 8. If you want a cold tea, let your tea cool down, store it in the fridge and add ice cubes before serving.
- Perfect for those cold wintery nights! Great if you get a stomach ache too!
Miss O and Friends https://missoandfriends.com/