Mental Illness

• Author

@horses77 I’ve had severe anxiety since I was 5. I’m fifteen, so that means I’ve had it for 10 years. That’s a really long time. I also have OCD, and sure, at least my family understands me, but nobody at school understands what I go through. I don’t think they really care, anyway. 😢

• skybluesplash

@horses77 So true!! I feel like people aren’t paying enough attention to people mental illnesses and disabilities. I used to know some people with a disability and they would get teased or laughed at (behind their backs) by the ‘popular’ kids. It makes me really upset that people with a mental illness or disability aren’t treated how they deserve to be treated. 😢 They deserve to be treated with equal respect and kindness as everyone else ❤

• empressawesome

Well, I do have anxiety, and insomnia (can’t go to sleep without strong medication), but I get good grades, at least I think I am a good person, and I have good friends who have been in a struggle too. It is just some people haven’t realized that we are all human, too.

• empressawesome

Also instead of mental illnesses we should call them unique emotions

• jolieeee

i agree

• annaw25

Ya😄😂

• donut37

I had depression for two months but I got better. I have had anxiety since I was seven and I’m thirteen. I have ADHD and OCD and a processing disorder all in which I have to take medicine for. The main things ppl don’t understand is anxiety and OCD they don’t even understand what OCD is they only know the stereotype of it and for anxiety ppl are like OH YEAH JUST DONT BE AFRAID AND DONT WORRY EASY

• rooftopgurl

I almost cried reading how true this is pls keep spreading the message.

• horses77

I will agree thought that it is unfair that viral have a dress code and boys don’t really have one.

• horses77

I wish to make people aware of how common mental illness is, and I want to help people with mental disorders. I want to make a difference. This is a world issues group. I think that topics about school draw code  belong in the fashion department/ group. 

• horses77

No one can really understand mental illness is they don’t have it. The only people who can possibly understand is the ones with a mental disorder. I’m currently writing a book on six teens with mental illnesses and how they help each other through the though times. I am doing a lot of research to. That way I won’t sound like I have completely no idea of what I’m talking about.

• rooftopgurl

O m goodness yes @horses77

• hazel5

That is so true @horses77

• horses77

It think mental illnesses like depression, anxiety, anorexia, schizophrenia, etc. are very important issues that teens without a disability wouldn’t understand or don’t even think about.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.