I'm scared, please help.

• Author

@jessielikesobjectshows I ve been through 6th grade! what my advice would be is to just relax and BE YOU. be original, and confident as well. make a lot of friends, but dont get “influenced” by them. all good people are not popular, so dont un after popularity at all. its a veey transitory thing. it comes and go, and you have no control over it.enjoy sixth rade, ppl say school life is the best time of our lives 💙💙💙

• lexiahayden

I just got though my first year of middle school and it’s much better than you think. My advise is to make friends! Don’t rely on one person because no matter how nice they are, things can happen 😬 Also, I don’t curse either so you’re not alone 😁

• x0mia0x0

I have just finished my first year at middle school and it was GREAT at the beginning it took a few weeks for people to settle in and to find the friendship groups they wanted to stick with . Really you just need to find a few trustworthy friends and stay with them but at the same time talk with as many people as you can do you aren’t the “quiet kid”. Don’t care about what others think – just act how you would act at your old school and ignore what others think – people will appreciate you for being honest and showing who you really are instead of pretending to be someone to be popular. x

• giadatalks

Just say hi to people. Ask them how are they are! Even if you have Snapchat or their number text them and ask if they want to hang out to get to low each other. DON’T try to be popular. I’m going into 7th grade this year. Be your self and people will like you. Don’t put on a show to fit in, you will find friends. It’s even okay if you hang out with a few boys. As long as their nice. Even the popular girls, get talked about, ignore what they say. Most likely when someone is bullying/ being mean/ spreading rumors and being rude usually there going through a tough time and are being bullied and or something is going on at home. My mom always told me “treat the people being mean to you with kindness, you don’t know what is happening in their life” basically my tip is BE YOURSELF AND YOU WILL FIND FRIENDS

• bookhugger45

At my class no one is normal and our school goes to grade 9 so we all pretty much all know each other (actually my best friends I met last year) my advice talk to people seem like they aren’t boring and if ever girl is a bully talk to boys! And remember we are all here for you! Also soon to be grade 6 buddies!

• jessielikesobjectshows

Edit: Thanks for the replies 🙂 I know it’s good to be yourself, but still, I’m afraid people will think I’m “too” different. ☹

• moxxo

@jessielikesobjectshows i totally agree with @emilee__ i couldnt have said it better 🤗💚

• addicat70

I’m going to be honest, sixth grade is one of the hardest years. Lots of people are obsessed with being popular. But I will tell you, be yourself. It may be hard trying to be yourself, but trust me, it’s the best thing to do if you want to make friends and have fun with your life.

• emilee__

heyy!! i’m responding because i actually just finished my 6th grade year:) so i was super nervous too! one thing that i would’ve definitely told myself was don’t tell anyone your business or things that are happening because it will spread around. another thing is to be confident! i was actually super shy and reserved but that’s not always a great thing. be outgoing and fun! and about the friend part, i did have a fake friend too sadly. she was really mean and made fun of me for the stuff i liked:( one thing i will recommend is CUT THEM OFF. do NOT tolerate their rude behavior because in the end, trust me you’ll regret wasting your time on them. i totally regret wasting my time on her😔. and don’t even worry about people thinking you’re weird, or ugly. i can assure you you’re not☺️ it sounds cheesy, but be yourself! i wish you the best of luck!! and if you need anything else just tell me and i’ll reply💕💕

• jessielikesobjectshows

So, this year I’m going into middle school (6th grade). I’m REALLY scared. Not because of like homework and teachers and stuff, but because the whole “friendship and popularity” thing. If you want me to be honest, I’m kind of scared to make friends, because you never know if they’ll turn their back on you or not, because I had an incident with a so – called “friend” this year, and I just don’t feel like I can trust anyone unless I’m like, super close to them and I’m a hundred percent sure they AREN’T fake. I don’t usually talk to people I don’t know unless they’re talking to ME, and even that doesn’t happen very often. I’m also afraid of people thinking I’m “too weird” or “too babyish”. I’m not allowed to curse and I’m kind of a goody – two – shoes, something that’s frowned upon in society today. I’m also a girly – girl, something that you basically don’t see at all unless it’s in cartoons. (Sorry to any girly – girls reading.) Books have taught me “things” about middle school, like for example: Bullying gets real. As in, mean girls trying to manipulate you, and even though this is probably more of a boy thing, it could still happen to a girl, fights and physical bullying happen. I’m also scared I’ll get with the wrong people< or that people will think that I’m weird or ugly just because I’m not like everyone else.
    Please help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.