backstabbing besties and breast cancer

• Author

Hi @busybea363 Nobody knows what causes cancer, or who might get it when. Yet when it hits, it affects everybody in the family, not just the person with cancer. My grandma and my 3 aunts had breast cancer. They had treatments, and now they are proud survivors. When they were going through radiation and chemo sessions, it helped me a lot to be able to talk about that with good friends. I didn’t need any sympathy, but listening ears and encouragement . Hugs didn’t hurt either. I don’t understand why anybody would be mean to someone whose family member have cancer. My only guess is that they are not very informed about cancer, and are just scared, and do not know how to react to the news. With all that said, I hope your mom does not have cancer. I hope all of you are staying healthy. 💖

• hazel5

What she did was very sad. Its best to stay away from her and I’m really sorry you had to go through this. I hope your mom feels better soon! ❤️ @busybea363

• skybluesplash

@busybea363 These girls really don’t seem like true friends! Tell them that you really weren’t lying and it was supposed to be a secret. Try not to spend too much time with her. Has that girl been mean to you any time other than now? If she has, it’s best to make some other friends who really care about you! 💛

• asiadacreativedoggo

I think she is not someone you need in your life. You need to grow and branch out since she is not a very good person and that is something terrible to do to your best friend. Cancer is not a joke and I wish you all the best

• busybea363

I told my best friend or so i thought my mom had breast cancer and told her not to tell anybody because i didnt want sympathy hugs, etc. And she turned right around and told all her other friends. Who were mean to me about. I told her it hurt my feeling and now she says “how am i supposed to know its even true i bet u r lying” this really hurt my feelings. we have been freinds for 3 years and she just turned on me. what do i do

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.