My friend seems to be distant. I mean, we talk and hang, but she's always with her new friends. We're in different classes this year, so I can't always talk to her. I try to talk to her at lunch, but her new friends are too rude to let me get a word in. And my friend lets them! What should I do??? It's my last year of elementary, and I don't want to leave knowing my best friend forgot about me!

• Author

One thing you could do is try to talk to your friend privately. If you can’t get her alone at school, you can call her. Having new friends can be exciting, and she might not have realized that she’s excluding you. Tell her how you feel. Try to avoid sounding accusatory, and just explain that you miss spending time with her. If she doesn’t respond well, it might be time to start looking for some new friends. If you don’t want to approach the subject with her, you might decide to accept that she’s moved on. Friendships usually aren’t lifelong commitments, even if we like to pretend they are. You can move on too.

• admin-2

Hi, I have one more year in elementary school to. Me and my neatest friend are growing apart to. I moved at least 20 minutes away and we go to different schools. We have sleepovers every other weekends or we don’t see each other for sometimes a month. It’s normal for friends to grow apart when you don’t see each other. Try to talk to alone. If can’t call her over the phone or, talk to her on the weekend. Hope this advise helps. Could you friend request me if were not friends yet. 🎼😏

• admin-2

I think you should try to talk to your friend alone without her other friends. Also, try to find some other friends that will support you and not be rude to you! People separate as they grow, so it’s natural for friends to grow apart sometimes. I’m sorry that you’re feeling left out but you can’t change people

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.