Just Started

• Author

Practice a lot at home or anywhere that is what I do

• im_always_here

same that has happened to me before just be confident

• tuttifrutt

Practice hard, and don’t compare yourself to anyone else. You will have to work a little harder to get up to their level but if you believe in yourself then you can do it!

• nina_morg25

Practice, enjoy yourself, and have fun!

• booboo0310

My advise is to just be yourself and if your bestie likes dancing too then practice with her as I always find it easier to practice with other people as long as they won’t judge your mistakes x

• thatchoirkid

I am in your shoes as well, and my advice is to dance with a heart, practice, and listen in class. <3

• itmebrooklyn

U should practice everyday and make sure u want to do it not forced to do it

• hooloo21

Just take it easy. It’s okay to be behind the others. It takes time to improve, but practicing and stretching a few days out of the week will help. Btw they may tell you to practice your dances every day, but u really don’t have to. Also stretching every day is not necessary. Just take it easy. They might try and make dancing what you have to do 24/7 but it’s not needed. All you need to do is make sure you feel comfortable with it

• itsjustyourgirl

Don’t compare yourself to someone else! Dance to songs you like to dance to and pick your style

• braceface_babe

what @BRIBRI.reed said

• queen_teenwolf

Well I am one of those people who has danced for over eight years. But I will tell you that I quit for one year and got behind everyone else. I had to watch closely in class and practice A LOT, to get back to my level.

• datbabymiyah

Practice

• mariamgrocks

Just ask them for advice and keep dancing

• bribri-reed

Hey! Honestly I dance for a couple years then quit and I came back when I was 13, it’s very challenging, all I can say is work hard! Those girls have been practicing so you need to put everything into dancing. Stretch daily at home, work on flexibility, turns, leaps or whatever whenever possible. It’s not easy but if you want to dance you have to put in the effort in a few years that these girls have done in 10. You’ll do great! I hope you enjoy dance!

• marielauraa

There is no need to want to get better, because, you are already great how you are, but one thing you can do is keep your hopes up, don’t let anyone bring you down and keep fighting for your dreams.

• bookdragon1234

I just started dancing and I’m 15. Everyone else in my class has been dancing since they were toddlers. Any advice on how to get better?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.