Hair

• Author

You could cut off your Afro if you want too but if you don’t you don’t have too

• queenairy

Nah don’t cut just cuz she can’t see it she should ask to move up her seat Afro rocks!

• blakeyrakey

Definitely not!! Rock your hair girl!

• smartygal

Absolutely not! Agree that you should be moved somewhere else in the classroom. It’s your style and don’t change it. @leilanies

• braceface_babe

what she said!😂

• emilyswayyt

No! Just tell your teacher to move you to the back of the classroom or infront of someone tall or in front of no one just to the side of the classroom

• buzz_machine

he can get an Afro of his own and see how easy it is then

• lolanna15

Just ask the teacher to move seats around that way it’s a win win.

• d_goldenrxses

What in the world nooooo don’t cut it off gurlll it’s one of the things hat make us black women unique who cares if she can’t see the dang board cuz she could ask the teacher to move to another seat to see the board better don’t cuz it off ok your Afro is beautiful ❤️😉

• scgunicorn

absoulty not! its unique thats who you are there just jealous and girls always support girls

• ddqueen

There probs just jealous. Be yourself. You don’t have to change to make ppl happy.

• itzmeops

Keep ur hair don’t cut it off cause others are jealous.you r beautiful just the way u r 👍🏾👋🏾💕

• emygalixy

Dont your beautiful just the way you r!

• leilanies

Thx guys u really helped me

• katherin_snow

Abaolutely not! She is just being mean unless she just really cant see. She then can just move somewhere else! Don’t cut it off! You should always love yourself and don’t let anyone change you!

• bri_lamberson12

GIRL, be YOU! Keep your Afro and ignore that snob! I’ve been through something like this, I understand.

• jadelavender

NOO!!! They are just being rude. They might even be jealous of your hair and wish they had your hair. I have an Afro too and this has happened to be before too. My friends made me feel better by telling me how much they liked it and it made me feel better. So just ignore that classmate. They’re just being annoying.

• sabinemarussia

Please don’t cut your hair because it is blocking the board. I’ve heard about this before and the truth is that I also wear my hair in an Afro sometimes. I think that it is very important for peers to talk to each other and have more understanding instead of getting mad at each other. It has happened to me where the person sitting in front of me in class , the hairstyle was blocking my view. We do come to school to learn. It can cause a little distraction or may seem annoying to stretch your neck and body to look out so you can see the board. I am very mindful to this and if you use calm language to explain that a very large hairstyle can prevent you from looking at the board. I do feel like if I was to wear my hair in an Afro and I was blocking someone’s view. I would prefer to sit in the back and not cause a distraction or a problem for anyone. I don’t think this is fair and it’s actually a very underrated concern. Although you may feel frustrated, use calm and positive language when expressing to your peer and teacher as well. Someone have to be rational. I hope this helps 😃

• iamgirlpig

No don’t cut it!!

• rhukelbenson345

No! Don’t cut it they could always move their seat. If you don’t want to cut it, don’t.

• pastelkitten

Don’t cut it! Style your hair to make you happy, not to please other people. If it’s truly a problem for her you could ask your teacher if you can change seats. If you don’t want to talk to your teacher then you can just shift how you’re sitting when the class is supposed to be looking forward (like for note-taking).

• xoxogirls

No. Its her problem if your hair is “too big”. #herprob

• hazel5

Cut it if YOU feel like and not under pressure from anybody else! I’m sure they look gorgeous but tell her to sit in the front row ❤️ @leilanies

• moxxo

@leilanies no definitely not! dont cut them, what you can do is suggest that she sits forward,you can try sitting a bit at the back so that it doesnt block other peoples view and hinder their studies,but DONT cut them just because someone got mad at u for being u 💜

• drawwithmalik

oh no don’t cut it. your hair is beautiful.

• sparkelycorgicorns

Absolutely not u do NOT cut it it’s ur hair u rock the heck out of it!❤️

• ivyrocks

No boo , be you keep all your natural beauty they just hating !!!!!!! Soooo keep all your hair.

• bookhugger45

No I have an Afro to and I’m tall so if people have any problem with me being me it’s there fault

• leilanies

I have a lot of hair and my classmate got mad at me Bc of my Afro was blocking the board. Should I cut it off?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.