Have a craze for fruit cakes? Then you’re exactly at the right place. Try this easy Genoa Cake recipe!
Yummy Genoa Cake
Write a review
- 6 oz. butter or margarine
- 6 oz.sugar 5 oz. currants
- 3 or 4 eggs 4 oz. candied peel, chopped
- 8 oz. plain flour Grated rind of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of salt 1 tablespoonful milk or water(if using 3 eggs)
- 4 oz. sultanas 2 oz. sliced almonds
- 3 oz.glace cherries
- Cake tin: 7-inch diameter by 3 inch high
- Cream together the butter/margarine and sugar and beat in eggs on at a time.
- Add the sifted flour and salt and the rest of the ingredients except the almonds.
- Mix well and transfer to the greased and lined tin.Smooth the top of the mixture with a spoon dipped in milk and cover with almonds.
- Bake for 2 1/2 hours with the regulator set at Mark 2.
- Self-rising flour should not be used for this recipe.
Miss O and Friends https://missoandfriends.com/