DIY Moon Phase Tank Top
Who remembers seeing this tank? Isn’t it amazing? Instead of doling out your hard-earned cash for this fashion piece, why not make it on your own? It’s very simple and all you need are a few materials.
- Old or new grey (or any other color) tank top
- White fabric paint*
- Piece of cardboard
- Something to use as a reference for the phases (Print out a picture)
- A cutout circle template (Cut a circle into construction paper and use as your stencil)
- Place the piece of cardboard inside the tank top to prevent the fabric paint from soaking through. Lay the tank top out and make sure there are no creases.
- Pour some fabric paint into a bowl.
- Dip your sponge into the fabric paint.
- Start gently dabbing the paint onto the tank top, using the circle stencil. Refer back to the original picture of the moon phase tank top for a guide. It’s important to gently dab so that you can create a “crater effect” on your moons.
- Do this until you have 16 moons, 4 across and 4 down.
- Let it dry and you’re done!
*Unlike regular paint, fabric paint won’t wash off or get ruined after doing laundry.
Here’s also a video that follows the same process for you to see and learn from!
Tell us if you’re going to try this DIY! Have you already done it? How’d it turn out? Tell us in the comments section below.