Make your own sugar lip scrub
Make your own DIY sugar lip scrub to keep your lips from drying out in the cold and harshness of winter. It’s cheap, eco-friendly and edible! December may have proven to be a warmer month this winter, but that doesn’t mean blizzards and storms aren’t on the horizon, and we all know what comes with freezing weather: chapped lips. When it’s below zero chapped lips are practically unavoidable, and organic lip scrubs are always the best way to give you some relief.
You can spend upwards of $20.00 on a teeny tiny pot of Sugar Lip Scrub or buy a bunch of chap sticks that won’t give you enough relief (not to mention harm the environment) so why not make your own.
When it comes to lip scrubs you need two basic elements: oil and sugar. The oil moisturizes and the sugar crystals exfoliate. Keep in mind that this one very simple recipe that you can change at will. For example you can substitute the brown sugar in for white or sub the coconut oil with olive or almond oil.
Here’s what you’ll need for one small jar:
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract (about 3 or 4 drops)
- In a small bowl, mix your three ingredients thoroughly.
- The sugar should be completely moist with a similar texture to fine wet sand.
- Keep in mind you can always add more oil or sugar for a desired consistency, or if it ever dries out.
- Transfer scrub to a small jar and you’re done!
Have you ever made your own sugar lip scrub? Let us know in the comments below.