DIY Fabric Covered Shoes
If you have a pair of boring flats and pretty fabric lying around, then you need to try out this DIY!
You can take that pair of plain flats and transform them into something beautiful! All you need are a few materials. Let’s make fabric covered shoes!
- Plain flats
- Mod podge
- Exacto knife
1. Take the fabric and lay it over one of the shoes. Make sure the piece of fabric is big enough to cover the whole shoe. Using scissors, trim around the edges of the flats.
2. Cut a slit up the back of the fabric, almost to the top of the scoop in the shoe.
3. Remove the fabric for a few minutes. Apply a lot of mod podge onto the top of the toe of the shoes. Lay the fabric back on.
4. Continue adding mod podge to the rest of the shoe. Lay the fabric onto the shoe after applying mod podge.
5. Trim the fabric along the curve of the shoe. You want to leave about a half inch of fabric.
6. Apply mod podge to the underside of the inside of the shoe. Carefully tuck the leftover fabric under tightly. Continue to do this to the entire shoe.
7. Using the exacto knife, cut off the excess fabric that is hanging off the shoe.
8. Coat the entire shoe thickly with mod podge. Dry completely. Do this to the other shoe as well.
That’s all there is to it! Now you have a creative pair of shoes to show off!
Will you be trying out this DIY? Have you ever revamped a pair of shoes? Tell us in the comments section below!