“I loved how I got to be someone else just for that moment in time.”
Ella Greenwood was bored and raised in London, England where she became involved in theater productions at a young age. She appears as lead character Grace Grimston in the new thriller ‘Before Nightfall’, and then as lead character Lina in ‘In Front of You’. She also has experience doing TV shows, films, commercials, photo shoots, web series, theater and voice-overs. She’s asp a skilled dancer with experience in Tap, Modern, Ballet and Commercial dance.
We were lucky enough to talk to Ella about everything to her upcoming filming projects to which Disney characters she’d love to play most.
- What do you like day-dreaming about?
Future roles and travel plans.
- What book/movie/t.v. character makes you laugh the most?
Sadness from Inside Out always makes me laugh.
- If you opened a store or restaurant what would you sell?
Vintage books and T-shirts.
- Who is your favorite singer/ band?
My favourite band at the minute is The Lumineers.
- What is the one item in your closet you just can’t live without?
My black Converse.
- Take us through the moment you fell in love with acting?
I remember getting to play the character of Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate factory when I was younger and I got to scream and shout and just be a spoilt brat and I found it so much fun. I loved how I got to be someone else just for that moment in time.
- We heard you were involved in a number of acting projects right now. Can you pick a favorite?
I’ve really loved everything that I have been involved with but most recently I have been working on a film that I am producing and so it’s really fun getting to be involved with other aspects of film production as well as getting to play a new character.
- How do you think you’ve grown since you started acting?
I’ve definitely learnt about how important it is to listen. So many different casting directors and acting coaches have said that acting is mainly about reacting and it’s really helped me to learn to listen to others more and also to just connect with new people of all different ages.
- We noticed on your Instagram that you’ve traveled to a number of places! Can you tell us your favorite trip and may be where you plan to go next?
My favorite trip has probably been when I went to LA most recently as it’s just such a cool place. I love all of its history and connections with the acting industry and I also got to go to Disneyland and Universal Studios, two of my favorite places! One of the places I’m planning to go soon is Amsterdam as my sister will be moving there and so I’ll be visiting her as much as I can.
- We also heard you’re a huge Disney fan. Is there a Disney character you would jump at the chance to play?
I’d love to play Tinkerbell as she’s so feisty and stubborn and it would be awesome getting to play a fairy. If I was a bit older I’d also love to play Honey Lemon if they ever did a live action Big Hero 6 movie!
- What advice do you have for other Miss O girls who are aspiring actresses?
Make sure that acting is something that you really love and if it is then never give up. Don’t let others change who you are. Always continue to learn and train, print and practice fun scripts that you like and join local youth theaters or acting groups.
- What do you like most about the Girl2Girl app?
I love that it is a safe space for girls to communicate with each other and to share their thoughts and ideas. It’s amazing that it promotes girls supporting other girls. I also love how colorful it is!
- Where can we follow you?