Hey I recently tried this recipe and I would want you all to try it too.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 2-2/3 cups coconut flake (7-oz. pkg.), divided
- 1-1/4 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Coconut Cream Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Whipped Topping, thawed
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 2 (9-inch) round layers, stirring 2/3 cup coconut, 1/4 cup milk and dry coconut pudding mix into batter before pouring into prepared pans. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat dry vanilla pudding mix, sugar and remaining milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. (Pudding will be thick.) Stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to assemble cake.
- Stack cake layers on plate, filling with layers of 1 cup of the pudding mixture and 3/4 cup of the remaining coconut. Frost top and side of cake with remaining pudding mixture. Press remaining coconut into pudding mixture. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- Substitute Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding for the coconut pudding.
- For added color, garnish dessert with a delicate swirl of lemon peel.
- Keep frosted cake refrigerated.
You need to login in order to vote