Delicious Angel Food Cake
With its light as air fluff and delicate sweetness, angel food cake is truly heavenly! This dessert is a summertime favorite, and goes great paired with fresh picked berries. Bring some to share with family and friends at your next picnic!
-1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
-1 Cup Cake Flour
-1 1/2 Cup Egg Whites
-1 1/2 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
-1 Cup Granulated Sugar
-1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190.5 degrees Celsius).
2. Mix together the powdered sugar and cake flour and set them aside.
3. Use an electric mixer to blend the eggs white and the cream of tartar. The end mixture should be foamy.
4. Add in the granulated sugar 2 tablespoons at a time, blending on high speed. Mix in the salt, vanilla extract, and almond extract with your last tablespoons of sugar.
5. Continue to mix the ingredients until they are stiff and glossy.
6. Add the powdered sugar and cake flour ¼ cup at a time, and fold it into the batter.
7. Place batter into a greased tube pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
8. Let the cake cool in the pan for two hours.
9. Remove the cake from the pan, add strawberries and whipped cream, and ENJOY!