Something different is always good. Ever tried a cranberry carrot cake? If not, then here is your chance to do so.
Cranberry Carrot Cake
Write a review
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 - 8 inch round cake pans. Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a bowl, and set aside.
- Cream together the sugar, mayonnaise, eggs, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until blended, scraping the bowl occasionally. Stir in the flour mixture, then fold in the carrots, pineapple, pecans, and cranberries. Divide evenly between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan, and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Miss O and Friends http://missoandfriends.com/