Hear the jingle bells already? Get ready for some amazing Christmas-related easy recipes for you to surprise your family!
Christmas Light Sugar Cookies
Write a review
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 oz cream cheese ( room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- a tsp pure almond extract
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 vanilla frosting
- Whisk flour and salt. Beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.Beat an egg and vanilla and almond extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture until combined. Divide dough in half, flatten into disks, and wrap in plastic wrap. chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees, line two baking sheets with parchment paper. On a floured surface roll one disk of dough to 1/4 thick. cut cookies with a light bulb shape cookie cutter. Make a hole int the top of each cookie with a skewer.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, 11 -12 minutes. Cool on a pan for 5 minutes the remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Spread a thin layer of frosting on each cookie. Decorate with candy. Thread licorice threw wholes on the wire
Miss O and Friends http://missoandfriends.com/